I purchased a single copy of the Benefits Calculator. May I Install the program on more than one computer?
No. The program is licensed to a single user for use on a single computer. Install the program only on the computer that will be used to run the program
Does the program run on a network?
No. The program will only run on a stand-alone computer (e.g., desktop, laptop, notebook, etc.)
What is an Activation Number, and how do I get my Activation Number?
We distribute three editions of the CSRS-FERS Benefits Calculator in one installation file: Personal FREE, Personal PLUS & Professional. After purchasing the Plus or Professional edition of the program, we provide a code (activation number) to our customers that converts the program to the version purchased (Plus or Professional).Please see the following for the procedure to get your activation number: PLUS or Professional
What is the purpose of your activation system?
(1) Software piracy is unfortunately pervasive in this country and around the world. See theMicrosoft study concerning software piracy. Since the activation code will work on only one computer, the activation system keeps the nonpaying customer from gaining access to the PLUS and Professional features of the software.
(2) Microsoft states, “Pirated software hurts everyone from software developers to retail store owners, and ultimately to all software users. The illegal duplication and distribution of software has a significant impact on the economy, costing the United States billions of dollars a year in job losses, retail dollar losses, and governmental tax losses – money that would have gone back into local communities. In addition, companies facing loss of revenue due to piracy must pull resources from the development of new technology, and devote it to protecting both their software, and its legitimate users. In the end, software piracy is unfair to everyone.”
How do I move the program to a different computer?
How do I get free program updates?
The Benefits Calculator will notify you when a program update is available. Or you can check for an update or click here for the latest program edition.
How do I move my client folders (professional version only) from an older version of the program to the new Version?
If you are using the same computer:
- Click on Professional => Client Data => Import Clients From Previous Years
If you are using a different computer:
- Varies depending on your operating system – please contact us
Does the program work on a computer with Windows Vista?
Yes – Our program runs on 32-bit and 64-bit Vista computers.
Does the program work on a computer with Windows 7, 8 or 10?
Yes – Our program runs on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7, 8 & 10 computers. Please note that the software will not work on most Microsoft Surface tablets. For more detail, please visit: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2858199
Does the program work on a Microsoft Surface Tablet or Google Chromebook?
Regarding Surface tablets, it will most likely not be compatible but it does work on a few older versions.
Regarding Google Chromebooks, it is not compatible with any Chromebooks.
Does the program work on a Windows 8 Tablet?
Yes – The CSRS-FERS Benefits Calculator and Retirement Analyzer runs on Windows 8 Tablets.
However it will not work on most Windows 8 RT Tablets. Tablets in this category currently include (but are not limited to):
* Microsoft Surface PRO (for more detail, please visit: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2858199)
* Acer W700
* Acer Iconia W510
* HP ENVY x2
* Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2
* Dell XPS 12
* Samsung ATIV Smart PC
Note: Windows 8 Tablets run legacy Windows software (XP, Vista, and Windows 7).
Most other tablets (Windows 8 RT) do not run Windows software
Does the program run on a MAC computer?
Our software will run on a MAC but only in a Windows OS inside a virtual environment (XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10). Some of our MAC customers reported running our software using the following Windows virtual environments.